The TS-MPPT-600V leverages Morningstar's innovative TrakStar MPPT technology and our 20+ years of power electronics engineering excellence, to deliver the widest PV input operating voltage range available in a PV controller. Morningstar's TrakStar MPPT technology enables the TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller to harvest the maximum energy from the solar array or wind turbine.
The TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller uses advanced power electronics to efficiently utilize up to 600 Voc (open circuit voltage) PV or wind to charge 48 Vdc battery systems. Rated for 60 Amps, our TriStar MPPT 600V controller does much more than efficiently charge batteries; it also provides remote communications, data logging, adjustability and metering. In fact, the TriStar MPPT 600V controller is the only 600-volt PV controller to offer open communication protocols and true Ethernet-enabled functionality.
The TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller may be purchased with or without a pre-wired DC Disconnect Box. The pre-wired DC Disconnect Box version (model TS-MPPT-60-600V-48-DB) is acceptable for use with positively-grounded or negatively-grounded PV systems and helps to save on installation time and cost.
- The industry's best-in-class power efficiency.
- Morningstar's advanced 4-stage charging algorithm to optimize battery health
- Robust thermal, mechanical and electrical design
- Environmentally optimized and equipped with extensive electronic protections
- Industry standard open communication protocols and interfaces for system networking, monitoring and communications
- Superior lightning protection from nearby lightning-induced voltage/current spikes
- Off-grid PV systems greater than 150 Voc with long wire runs from the array to the controller
- New installation grid-tie PV systems with battery back-up
- Retrofitting string PV inverter systems to later add battery back-up without changing the PV array configuration
- Battery-based Wind systems